You may have noticed that the Arizona SARA Council's logo is the intersection of three differently colored but coordinating lines. This is not just a design element or casual coincidence. The three different colors represent the three sectors of post-secondary education and their intersection is symbolic of the collaborative work we do through SARA.
Executive Director & Council Members
Arizona SARA is made up of an Executive Director and a Council.
Lanna Dueck is the Executive Director of the Arizona SARA Council and is responsible for all Council operations. Get in touch with Lanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are nine members on the Council, three from each sector of post-secondary education in the state: Community Colleges, State Universities, and Private Institutions. Each member, working directly with the Executive Director, is appointed by its corresponding institution and oversight body. The oversight body for each sector is:
- Community Colleges: The Arizona Community Colleges Coordinating Council (AC4)
- Private Institutions: The Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education (AZPPSE)
- Public Universities: The Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR)
Community College Sector
- Karol Schmidt, Dean Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation, Rio Salado College
- Stacey Hilton, Dean of Instructional Support, Yavapai College
- Michael Amick, Vice President of Distance Education, Pima Community College
Private (Non-Public) Sector
- Jennifer Lech, Member, AZPPSE (Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, Grand Canyon University), Vice Chair
- Paul Mittman, Member, AZPPSE (President & CEO, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences)
- Teri Stanfill, Executive Director, Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education (AZPPSE)
Public University Sector
- Alison Hahn, Senior Regulatory Compliance Coordinator, EdPlus at Arizona State University
- Joel Hauff, Associate Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Student Success, University of Arizona, Chair
- Matthew Gidley, Associate Director, Northern Arizona University
- Vacant until appointed by the tribal college community