Arizona SARA Council Fees
New Fee Structure effective February 2017 reflects a 30% reduction in participation fees. This annual fee is based on an institution’s total full-time equivalent (FTE) student enrollment as shown in the most recent IPEDS 12-Month Enrollment Component Summary (as provided on pg. 3 of the application) and is assessed as follows:
- $3,500.00/year for institutions with fewer than 10,000 FTE student enrollments
- $7,000.00/year for institutions with 10,000-19,999 FTE student enrollments
- $14,000.00/year for institutions with 20,000-39,999 FTE student enrollments
- $21,000.00/year for institutions with 40,000 or more FTE student enrollments
Institutions requiring a W-9 for payment can access the form here:
Arizona SARA Council fees may only be paid by check. Please send your check to:
Please make checks payable to: Maricopa County Community College District - Rio Salado College c/o Arizona SARA Council. Please note that checks that are not properly made out may not be accepted for payment.
AZ SARA Council Bond Requirement
A requirement of the application is that non-public (private postsecondary) institutions post a bond:
- Based on the most recent IPEDs reported time frame, the bond will be in the amount of 10% of Gross ONLINE Tuition Revenue for students in SARA states ONLY. The minimum amount of the bond will be $50,000; the maximum amount is $500,000.
- The institution must use the prescribed Surety Bond form as provided by the AZ-SARA Council;
- The Surety Company must have a BEST rating of A or higher;
- The bond must remain continuously in effect as an approved AZ-SARA institution.
NC SARA Fees
This annual fee is based on an institution’s total full-time equivalent (FTE) enrollment as shown in the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) and is assessed as follows:
- $2,000/year for institutions with fewer than 2,500 FTE students
- $4,000/year for institutions between 2,500-9,999 FTE students
- $6,000/year for institutions with 10,000 or more FTE students
Visit the NC-SARA site for more information on NC-SARA fees and payment details.