NC SARA Complaint Data
NC SARA requires all member states to have a complaint process. State level complaint data is compiled and published by NC SARA and available to the public.
AZ SARA Complaint Eligibility
To file a complaint against an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution, you must meet the following requirements:
- File within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made.
- Complete the institutional complaint process prior to submission with the Council.
- Complete the applicable state complaint process prior to submission with the Council.
- Private Institutions: AZPPSE- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education Complaints
- Public Universities: ABOR- Arizona Board of Regents
- Community Colleges: AC4- Arizona Community College Coordinating Council
- The complaint must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
- You are a student of an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution.
- Grade appeals/grievances.
- Student Code of Conduct related complaints.
- Complaints beyond two-years of the incident.
About the Filing Process
Once a complaint is received by the Arizona SARA Council, the Council will determine eligibility/jurisdiction of the complaint. If the complaint meets eligibility and falls within the jurisdiction of the Arizona SARA Council, the Council will review the information provided and contact the complainant and institution. The Arizona SARA Council works directly with the institution's SARA contacts to secure resolution.